Sunday, June 1, 2014

Fundraising for Project Fierce Chicago

Even before I actually published Beneath Angel's Wings, I knew I wanted to donate half of the proceeds from any sales of the book to organizations that helped LGBTQ youth. For the first six months since the release of the book, those funds were designated for Lost n Found Youth, an Atlanta-based organization helping homeless LGBTQ kids get off the streets. I want to thank all the readers who purchased my book between last November and yesterday for helping  me donate to this very worthy organization.  I will finalize my calculations and give you the grand total of the donation in the next few days.

Starting today, sales of the book will contribute to a similar and also very worthy organization, this one in Chicago. Project Fierce Chicago is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to reduce LGBTQ youth homelessness in Chicago by providing affirming transitional housing and support services to homeless LGBTQ young adults.  The group has done a lot of grassroots work and is in the midst of a fundraising campaign to purchase the home that will enable them to accomplish their mission. I am very excited to be able to help, in however a small way.

The best thing about this change is that I know the characters from Beneath Angel's Wings would approve :). So please, help me spread the word about Project Fierce Chicago and their efforts and let your friends know that their purchase of Beneath Angel's Wings will help support this very worthy cause. Thank you!

Beneath Angel's Wings is available in e-book format from the following retailers:

Amazon (kindle format readable across a variety of devices with free reading apps or via browser app)
iTunes (for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac)
Barnes & Noble (for Nook and other devices with Nook reading apps)
Kobo (Kobo e-readers and other devices with Kobo reading apps)
Smashwords (available in mobi, epub, pdf, lrf, and pdb formats)



No comments:

Post a Comment